Exclusive interview with the winner of Dixie Danger Fest 2017!
MISS KAT KABOOM
1. What made you tryout as a Contestant for Miss Dixie Danger?
When I first heard about the Dixie Danger Fest (back in 2016) and read that there would be a Pin-Up pageant I was thrilled to go watch some awesome ladies. I’ve always loved that vintage style! And then I thought to myself: “I bet I can do that, too!” and so I just did! It started as a crazy idea and ended up being so much fun and the beginning of a lot of wonderful friendships!
2. What did it feel like to win?
Oh, it was unreal! You’re having so much fun with the other girls and rocking out with the bands but of course everyone is nervous! So then to actually win…that was just incredible! Deep inside you’re hoping to win it all but I didn’t think I actually would. Oh yeah, and then hoping you don’t stumble or rip your skirt while being crowned!
3. What is your theme song?
Well, being Ms. Kat KaBoom that would be “TNT” from AC/DC.
4. What is your signature cocktail?
Beer, DARK beer.
5. Where are you from originally?
The deep dark woods of Germany.
6. What is your signature style?
I strive for Lucille Ball mixed with Jessica Rabbit.
7. If you could have any classic car or vintage bike what would it be?
Definitely a ’59 Chevrolet Impala! drool
8. Worst pick-up line you’ve ever heard?
I couldn’t tell you…I’m really remarkable at using selective hearing and filtering out unsolicited rubbish.
9. What advice would you give to the ladies competing in this year’s contest?
Don’t be nervous! Just have fun and let your unique personality and flair shine! Be your Pin-Up self!
10. What do you do for a living?
I coordinate and oversee tree trimming for electric overhead lines.
11. What do you like best about mid-century culture and style?
The music is something I have always been in love with even as a kid. While I’m not too taken with the architectural or interior designs of that time I am smitten with the hairstyles!
12. Best advice you’ve ever been given?
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” -Mahatma Gandhi
13. Will you be at this year’s Dixie Danger Fest to crown this year’s winner?
YES! And I cannot wait to see how much style, fun and personality the contestants will grace us with this year!
For more information, email us at email@example.com